The Mining Division is often asked what is the best method of long term storage for mining ropes. These mining ropes should be:
1. Kept from the elements (ie. covered in tarps). When ropes are stored outside, the site should be carefully chose to keep ropes out of the direct sunlight.
2. Stored in a ventilated area, avoid condensation, and limit the maximum ambient air temperature.
3. Rotated 180 degrees every 6 months.
4. Kept off the ground via timbers. Ropes should be stored on a level and hard surface. Rope should not come in contact with the ground and not stored on a cinder or ash floor, in proximity to sulphur, acid fumes, or mines tailing.
5. Kept dry to inhibit corrosion.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 306-242-7073 for more information.