Lubrication and Maintenance is critical to prolonging life of wire rope for purposes of mining. Additionally, the correct lubricant is of key importance during rope manufacture. Frequency of lubrication is dependent upon the condition of the wire rope, environment and application. In-service lubricants must possess the following attributes:
· Penetrate easily into the rope
· Displace moisture from the internal and external surfaces
· Provide good corrosion protection both internally and externally
· Be resistant to emulsification
· Possess good rope adhesive properties
· Resist removal by mechanical forces
· Be compatible with the lubricant already employed during rope manufacture
Without lubrication during its working life, wire ropes may suffer from premature withdrawal from service for the following reasons:
· Premature wire breaks occurring in the ropes and caused by internal and/or external corrosion
· Premature wire breaks occurring at the strand interstices due to lack of proper inter strand movement
· Strand displacement, loose wires and rope waving, leading to loss of cross section stability.
Northern Strands is a supplier of many different lubricants and applicators, capable of providing you the right product for the right application. For more information contact us at email@example.com or call 306-242-7073 for more information.
Northern Strands is proudly Canadian owned and operated, with our head office being located in Saskatoon Saskatchewan.